Thursday, December 20, 2007

I sure freakin am passionate about dessert

mysweetvegan1

I finally received my copy of My Sweet Vegan by Hannah Kaminsky in the mail from Side Car for PIg's Peace (in Seattle).That's a thank you note on the cover,btw.ANYWAYS,first thing I did was make the bananas foster cake.it's real good.this is exciting.

Picture 167

Picture 176

Bananas Foster Cake from my sweet vegan.
this is such a good cake!like the cake part is SO light and fluffy and very very banana-y.and the caramel frosting is excellent.i love bananas,caramel and rum,so this cake is like perfect.i knew i would make it first,seeing the picture of it on hannah's blog back in august is what got me interested in her blog/book and boy am i glad i did.

Picture 177

Picture 178

how awesome it is that fellow blogger hannah(who leaves such sweet comments on mine sometimes!) is only a year older than me and accomplished creating such a beautiful and inspiring book.
i can't wait to try out some more recipes from the book!they're all really,really creative or unusual.definitely something to be getting excited about.

5 comments:

Calimaryn said...

Wow! That cake is fabulous and looks so much like the picture in the book. All these blog posts are convincing me that I need that cookbook! Thank you for the nudge in a sweet direction.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

ahhh, the bananas foster cake looks phenomenal!! I've already made 4 recipes from her book (showed the treats on my blog already), and I can't wait to continue making more!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you enjoyed the cake, it looks like it came out perfectly! Thanks for the glowing review, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Evan - thank you so much! That piece was fantastic, I ate it during my break. I think I may need to visit Sidecar during the break and pick up that book! Hope to see you over the break once I get some time off of work!

bazu said...

I love how your cake and Hannah's photo look identical! I'll have to bookmark that recipe in the book, to bake asap...