Friday, January 11, 2008

PUMPKIN:Rolls and Crumb Cake.Oh,and i'm really cool.

deots1

see,i'm awesome and famous!

Well,it appears that the entire world has made these now,and I have twice before this,so I guess I don't need to mention how delicious and perfect and pumpkin-y nice they are.But I will mention the mention I received in Don't Eat off the Sidewalk for making the chocolate variation back when I was a tester.See,right here:
http://www.postpunkkitchen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=35816
yum...chocolate.
once again,i'm awesome and famous.
Don't Eat Off the Sidewalk Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls!
Picture 447

Picture 450

Picture 435


Pumpkin Crumb Cake with Pecan Streusel from Veganomicon.
so this Wednesday afternoon i made the Pumpkin Crumb Cake with Pecan Streusel from nomicon and pulled it out of the oven about 2 minutes before my dad picked me up to go to a doctor's appointment.He commented on how good it smelled.When he dropped me off later after having a very unpositive appointment i gave him some cake to take home.My little brother who lives with my dad and hates veganism phoned me that night and said "hey,you know that cake you made?can i have the rest of it?".so now he wants me to save it for him and get it to him tomorrow.
basically the point of this story is that this bread is really really awesome.i'm eating some right now and i highly suggest everyone else makes it.It's moist but not wet or dense in a bad squishy way and the punkin flavour really shines through.so so so so good.it should be called the best pumpkin crumb cake with pecan streusel because it's the best,just like the best pumpkin muffins,
Picture 427

Picture 422

also,i finally opened the Silk!Pumpkin Spice I bought in Seattle in November.Why did I wait?Because I kept wanting to drink it with something that would "go with" a pumpkin-y flavour.Whatevs.It's so so so good.Too bad it isn't fortified.And too bad they don't sell it here.

4 comments:

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

I'm the only bitch on earth who hasn't made those rolls!

Anonymous said...

yeah it pisses me off that silk didn't bother fortifying either the pumpkin spice or the soy nog. wtf? I use soy milk and other milk alternatives mostly for the calcium and I know I'm far from being the only one. ok, it tastes good so that makes up for it I guess.

Anonymous said...

You have me convinced! I have the book and I will make this recipe for sure!

Anonymous said...

Well, after lookin thru numerous Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll-posts n diff sites, i have to know, where do i get the recipie?! Is it in a book?
Im norwegian, and im sure they wont have the book here, but i will gladley pay alot of shippin money to get it.

peace.

oh, if anyone want to email me an answer that would be AMAZING!! :] (ida.aalvik@gmail.com)