Monday, January 14, 2008

Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake

Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake from My Sweet Vegan.
Why the eff isn't Hannah paying me to promote this thing?
This only lasted a couple of hours.Everyone loved it.Including me.Probably my 3rd favourite recipe from my sweet vegan so far.My favourite is the triple threat chocolate cheesecake,and I thought that this was almost as good,but not AS good.I love the coffee and caramel flavours,obviously they're paired here for a reason. Oh and with the chocolate crust really made it good.I put chocolate covered espresso beans on top and crushed in the crust,too.
The caramel sauce didn't work the first time;it hardened as soon as I added the rest of the arrowroot,so I made it again and just cooked it less.It sets up fast,though!

I would also like to mention that Daniel didn't even get to have a slice,and this is tragic because my sister Sarah worked at Starbucks for 2.5ish years and would always bring us free drinks.He would ALWAYS get a caramel macchiato.Despite the fact that he was/is so anti-Starbucks.But I think he looked at it as more of "bringing down the man from the inside" since the drinks were free and using us Starbuck's "valuable resources".Yes,really bringing them down.He hasn't had one in years,but he still loves them.Oh well,I made him the cinnamon rolls he wouldn't shut up about wanting after I made the others for Joanne and Glenn.

caramelmacchiatocheesecake1

caramelmacchiatocheesecake2

Daniel's friend Joel wanted his hand to represent a "piece of cake"."peace of cake".HA.
caramelmacchiatocheesecake3

here's some pictures from the weekend just cuz:
jan122

jan123

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I know, I'm so lucky that you're willing to bake up a storm using my recipes and spread the word for free- I certainly couldn't afford anything more! ;)

And the cheesecake looks great, by the way. I'm thrilled that it was so thoroughly enjoyed!

Jenny Wren said...

You really are making me want to buy this cookbook. Also, how much sugar do you consume in any given day? Good Lord, there's a lot of dessert on here! (and it all looks great)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

you're definitely a great promoter for Hannah's book - keep baking!! :0)

the cheesecake = perfection

Anonymous said...

Yum!! I've seen many pictures of this cheesecake, and everytime I begin to incessantly salivate.