Monday, October 8, 2007

PIE PIE PIE & Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls

Today is Canadian Thanksgiving.How dumb is that?Way too early.

November 6th,the original day of Canadian day of Thanksgiving,became a national holiday in 1879.In 1957,Parliament moved Thanksgiving to the second Monday in October to steer clear of the post-war celebration of Remembrance day.

So I made a lot of pies.

Sweet Potato Pie with 3 Nut Topping
from Vegan with a Vengeance.I made this to bring to Joanne and Glenn's house Saturday night,but her brother ended up coming to visit and they had to do family stuff,so I brought it to them while they were doing turkey outreach outside of the downtown IGA on Saturday afternoon in the pouring cold rain.They're such stars.
sweetpotatopie1

sweetpotatopie2

Pecan Pie.Recipe courtesy of the lovely todd x from the ppk.I changed a couple of things but oh well.It was awesome.Everyone really liked it,myself included.I don't know what non vegan pecan pie is like but I don't care because this was soo good.From what I was described it being like,this semmed right.yum.
pecanpie1

pecanpie2

Pumpkin Pie.Pumpkin is the best part of autumn.This is the only pumpkin pie recipe anybody needs.So good.I used a homemade graham cracker crust for it.
pumpkiepie2
with tofulati soy ice cream.
pumpkinpie1

happy Thanksgiving,even thought the date is a total fraud.

and from last week...
Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls.A similar recipe to my rrf's cinnamon roll recipe,but peanut butter,so it's different.peanut butter in the dough and filling.delicious,especially considering how much i love peanut butter.

peanutbuttercinnamonrolls1

peanutbuttercinnamonrolls2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I probably am not doing it right but how do I get the recipe for your peanut butter rolls? I am looking for different types of breakfast treats to make for our church fellowship time. These sound good.