Thursday, September 6, 2007

Coconut Lemon Bundt Cake

Today was my dad's birthday.So there was a little party at his house of his girlfriend,her daughters,their boyfriends,some of my dad's friends,and then me Daniel,Sarah and Ryan.
I made Seitan Piccata from Veganomicon for dinner which was well recieved by the omnivorous boyfriends who cooked their own 6 course meal.
But what really took the cake(heh!)was the Coconut Lemon Bundt Cake with Lemon Ginger Cookies and Cream Frosting.
The cake is another new recipe that will be in Isa and Terry's new book Veganomicon
The cake was delicious.Very lemon-y and not overly sweet though pretty rich.I will definitely make this again.It's not a typical birthday cake,and I wouldn't even normally frost it,but the cookies were dying to be used and who cares if it's a typical birthday cake when it's so yummy?
coconutlemonbundt1

dadsbday5

coconutlemonbundt3

coconutlemonbundt2

No comments: